Urgh! This took a long time to answer, because it’s very hard to narrow down. I LOVE books, and I have so many I want to list, but here goes:
1) The Belgariad series (and by extension the Mallorean sequel series), by David Eddings.
2) The Spiritwalker Trilogy, by Kate Elliot. Really, anything by her is good, I think.
3) The Mercy Thompson series, by Patricia Briggs. Ditto.
4) The Sookie Stackhouse series, by Charlaine Harris
5) The Truth series, by Dawn Cook.
Honorable mentions: The Old Kingdom series, by Garth Nix, and The Noble Dead Saga, by Barb and J.C. Hendee.
There are many others, but those are just some off the top of my head.